Valeria Primost

Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, I moved to Amsterdam in February 2001 and changed for Berlin in December 2007. I dance since the age of six and make my own work since 2002. I also dance other artists inspirations, paint, draw and make photographs. My mother language is Castellano (Spanish). Daily life, working and studying language for the last nine years is English. Almost got it: Dutch. Newly learnt language: German!!.

During the year 2008 I developed different collaborations with Berlin based artists: Brenda Waite, Natalia Torales, performing at Freistil, Tanz Fabrik in several occasions.

With the musicians Julius Holtz and Butz Freytag founding the interdisciplinary collective: Lucky Dreamers, performing our works: Kissing Facts and Simple Duet at Alberto Ukebana and Tanzfabrik, a.o.

From December 2007 until December 2008 I worked on a dance solo Born in Spring, which premiered on April 26 at the Studios Ada in Berlin and continued its journey through Caracas, Venezuela (May) and Kassel, Germany.(June)

From June till September 2007 I worked for choreographer Trisha Brown, performing her pieces Floor of the Forest and Accumulations in a daily basis at Documenta 12, Kassel-Germany. www.documenta12.de

The research and performance collective Danza Nomade, was founded by me and Constanza Herrera after our interest on the body as a space of inscription of the experience of migration and different conditions of transition the body is subject to.

Since 2004 I work on the co-founded platform The Meeting Point together with musician Marcos Baggiani. It is an interdisciplinary improvisation platform which started as a laboratory at Bimhuis, Amsterdam (now continued as Monday Match). The Meeting Point developed as an international platform active now in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Helsinki, Milán and Berlin. The Meeting Point – Berlin is at the moment working as a practice and exchange platform under my direction.As well through the years I developed the nomadic version which is a platform for interdisciplinary exchange as I move from one place to another making performance experiences in the context of existing festivals like Documenta 12, Montevideo Sitiada, Impulstanz Festival, Buenos Aires Danza, Escenario Urbano, in Caracas, a.o.

Between April 2006 and May 2007 I developed The Moving Point collaborative company, including music, dance, lights and film. Stable collaborators were musicians Marcos Baggiani, Michael Fischer, Daisuke Terauchi; dancers Diana Gadish, Marisa Grande and filmmaker: Albert Elings. the pieces Lluvia, Les Chus dance and percussion duet and On the con-sequence of things, have been performed at different venues in Amsterdam. Still Moving was performed and produced by Kasteel Groeneveld Festival tusseNland on October 1st 2006, in collaboration with the Dutch filmmaker Albert Ellings. Changing Paintings was produced by Van Gogh Museum and performed in May 11th 2007 at that venue.

I have also collaborated with Magpie, music and dance company, Zoe Androutsopolou and Marcello Windolph on their piece ¨Negombwe¨, Robert Steijn and Frans Poelstra at Impulstanz Festival, Wien 2005. And performed with the dancers Katrina Brown, Lily Kiara, Katie Duck, Julyen Hamilton, the musicians Michael Fischer, Daisuke Terauchi, Michael Moore, Wilbert de Joode, Felicity Provan, Mary Oliver, the visual artists Ron Bunzl and Edgar Jansen, among others.

Teaching I have been teaching at IUDANZA, Caracas; Festival Montevideo Sitiada, Uruguay; Buitenkunst, Studio Anna Mora, Al Nour and Dansdrift, The Netherlands. SOZO dance visions school in Kassel, Germany, El Patio, Buenos Aires, a.o.

www.one-training.blogspot.com

Grants Informatie Beheer Groep, Holland, 2001-2005 / Internationalissering Fonds - AHK, 2003 / Uitnodiging op Naam – AHK, 2004 / Prakticum Generale AHK, 2004 / Dance Web Europe 2006 – Impulstanz Festival, / FAPK - NL – 2006 / Kunstenaars en co. - NL – 2006 / Kunstenaars en co.- NL – 2007

EDUCATION

I started my independent full time training in 1996 in Buenos Aires. where I studied with Marina Giancaspro, ana Maria Stekelman, Olga Ferri, Cristina Barnlis, Ana Garat, Gustavo Lesgart, and worked with Monica Fraccia, Oscar Araiz and Silvia Pritz. In 2001 I began my BA studies at the Amsterdam Hogeschool voor de Kunsten, Theaterschool at the Modern Theatre Dance and SNDO, where I graduate in June 2005.

I studied with Julyen Hamilton, Nienke Reehorst, David Zambrano, Cristina Barnils, Angellique Willkie and Sidi Larbi Chercaoui, Benoit Lechambre, Katie Duck, Mark Tompkins, Andrew Harwood, Mathilde Monnier, Martin Kilvady and Chrysa Parkinson. all of them have deeply inspired my work.

I began making photographs in 1993 when I first studied with Martin Rosenthal. Since then photography has accompanied all my creative journeys in different ways. Now getting closer to a professional practice is also feeding my video works, which began by editing dance performance registrations and its becoming now another open door for creative work.

Photographs: www.awayfromtheimage.blogspot.com Drawings and paintings: www.awayfromtheimage-drawings.blogspot.com

my short anthropology studies at the Universidad de Buenos Aires and my work as voluntary social worker in Argentina have strongly influenced my vision on art as a tool for social communication and transformation.